Prewitt Law P.C.: Attorney for Foreign National Entrepreneurs


US Visas for Foreign Entrepreneurs and Investors

Foreign entrepreneurs or investors who wish to move temporarily or permanently to the United States must meet specific U.S. Citizenship and Immigration (USCIS) requirements in order to obtain a visa. Prewitt Law will guide you through the system to the best solutions for your immigration needs. Learn more about the various types of investor and entrepreneur visas, sometimes called a startup visa, here.

There are several types of investor and entrepreneur visas for launching a business in the United States.

There are several types of investor and entrepreneur visas for launching a business in the United States.

Nonimmigrant Visas For Exploring Business Opportunities

B-1, L-1, H-1B, O-1, E-2

Nonimmigrant visas allow foreign entrepreneurs to start a business in the U.S. or to explore business possibilities for a certain amount of time. These visas do not lead to a Green Card.

Business Visitor Visa (B-1)

The B-1 visa category allows foreign entrepreneurs to come to the United States on short notice for business purposes to negotiate a contract, look for office space, secure some funding, or attend business meetings in connection with opening a new business in the United States.

Intracompany Transferee Visa (L-1)

The L-1 visa allows a non-U.S. company to transfer an executive, a manager, or a special knowledge employee to an affiliate company in the United States. This visa can be used by a foreign business to transfer to the United States for commercial purposes.

Specialty occupation Visa (H-1B)

The H-1B visa allows foreign nationals to accept professional employment with United States employers after the employer has obtained an approved labor condition application from the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL).

Extraordinary Ability Visa (O-1)

The O-1 visa allows a foreign entrepreneur who possesses extraordinary ability in sciences, art, education, business, or athletics to move to the United States to start a business within his or her field of specialty.

Treaty Investor Visa (E-2)

The E-2 visa category allows foreign nationals (specifically citizens of treaty countries) to engage in business in the U.S. if they are a treaty trader or investor or are an employee of a qualifying entity that is a treaty trader or investor. In order to qualify for this visa, the foreign entrepreneur must either start or buy a business in the United States.

Immigrant Visa


Immigrant investor and entrepreneur visas allow foreign entrepreneurs and business owners who have started or are about to start a new business in the United States to immigrate permanently to the United States.

Investor Visa (EB-5)

The EB-5 visa allows foreign entrepreneurs or investors to get a Green Card in the United States. To qualify for this visa, the entrepreneur must meet two requirements:
1) Invest or be in the process of investing $500,000 in a high-unemployment area or rural area or $1,000,000 in any other business; and,
2) Prove that the business has created or preserved, or will create or preserve, at least 10 full-time jobs in the United States.

Prewitt Law Can Help with Investor and Entrepreneur Visas

At Prewitt Law, we’re excited to help you achieve your business goals by applying for an investor or entrepreneur visa. Contact us by phone using the number (+1) 646.583.1206 or by choosing one of the many options on our contact page to learn how you can get an investor and entrepreneur visa.

We're excited to meet you and understand your business aspirations.

get in touch ▸