Prewitt Law P.C.: Attorney for Foreign National Entrepreneurs


US Visas for Foreign Entrepreneurs and Investors

Foreign entrepreneurs or investors who wish to move temporarily or permanently to the US must meet specific US Citizenship and Immigration (USCIS) requirements in order to obtain a visa. Prewitt Law will guide you through the system, and customize the best solutions for your immigration needs.

There are several types of visas available to foreign entrepreneurs wishing to launch a business in the United States.

There are several types of visas available to foreign entrepreneurs wishing to launch a business in the United States.

Nonimmigrant Visas

B-1, L-1, H-1B, O-1, E-2

Nonimmigrant visas allow foreign entrepreneurs to start a business in the US, or to explore the possibilities for a certain amount of time. These visas do not lead to a Green Card.

Business Visitor Visa (B-1)

The B-1 visa category allows foreign entrepreneurs to come to the United States on short notice for business purposes to negotiate a contract, look for office space, secure some funding, or to attend business meetings in connection with opening a new business in the United States.

Intracompany Transferee Visa (L-1)

The L-1 visa allows a non-US company to transfer an executive, a manager, or a special knowledge employee to an affiliate company in the United States. This visa can be used by a foreign business to transfer to the United States for commercial purposes.

Specialty occupation Visa (H-1B)

The H-1B visa allows foreign nationals to accept professional employment with United States employers, after the employer has obtained an approved labor condition application from the Department of Labor (DOL).

Extraordinary Ability Visa (O-1)

The O-1 visa allows a foreign entrepreneur who possesses extraordinary ability in sciences, art, education, business or athletics to move to the United States to start a business within his or her field of speciality.

Treaty Investor Visa (E-2)

The E-2 visa category allows foreign nationals (specifically those who are citizens of treaty countries) to engage in the following business activities: a treaty trader, a treaty investor, or as an employee of a qualifying entity that is a treaty trader or investor. In order to qualify for this visa, the foreign entrepreneur must either start or buy a business in the United States.

Immigrant Visa


Immigrant visas allow foreign entrepreneurs and business owners who have started or are about to start a new business in the United States to immigrate permanently to the United States.

Investor Visa (EB-5)

The EB-5 visa allows foreign entrepreneurs or investors to get a Green Card in the United States. To qualify for this visa, the entrepreneur must meet two requirements:
1) invest or be in the process of investing $500,000 in a high-unemployment area or rural area, or $1,000,000 in any other business and,
2) prove that the business has created or preserved, or will create or preserve, at least 10 full-time jobs in the United States.

We're excited to meet you and understand your business aspirations.

get in touch ▸